Saturday, June 14, 2014

An Italian Nonna's Advise

An Italian nonna's (grandmother) advice to her nipote (granddaughter) before she went on a date. It went as follows:


Nonna: "Let me tell-a you about dis young boy, eh? He's a-gonna try to kiss-a you, and you will a-like-ah dat. Den he will hold-a you close. Dat will be a very nice, ah. Then he will a wanna get on top of-a you. Do not-a let him, as dat will disgrace-a the fam-ily. OK?"

Nipote: "Si, nonna and grazie".


With those words ringing in her ears, the young lady went on the date. The next day the nipote told her nonna what happened.

Nipote: "It was just like you said nonna. He kissed me, then held me close. Then he tried to get on top but I wouldn't let him. Instead I pushed him off, got on top of him and I disgraced his family. Aren't you proud nonna?

Moral: It is one thing to say what to do or not, but do they understand why? She should have been more specific in her instructions as to why she must act this way.

No comments: