Sunday, June 24, 2012

But I'm Broke

A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day; to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner. 

'Good morning,' said the young man. 'If I could take a couple minutes of your time. I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners... 

'Go away!' said the old lady. ''I'm broke and haven't got any money!' 

Quick as a flash, the young man replied 'Don't be too hasty!' he said. 'Not until you have at least seen my demonstration..' With that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure onto her hallway carpet. 'Now; if this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder.' 

The old lady stepped back and said, 'Well let me get you a fork, 'cause they cut off my electricity this morning.'

No comments: