Sunday, March 28, 2010

Actual Comments Fielded By US Travel Agents......Part 2

Someone ask for an aisle seat so that their hair wouldn't get messed up being near the window.

A client called in inquiring about a package to Hawaii. After going over all the cost info, she asked, "Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii?"

A woman wanted to go to Capetown. After explaining the length of the flight she interrupted with "I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Capetown is in Massachusetts." I calmly explained, "Cape Cod is in Massachusetts, Capetown is in Africa." Her response ... click.

A man called, furious about a Florida package we did. He expected an ocean-view room in Orlando. I tried to explain that is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state. He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state."

A man called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. I noticed he had a 1-hour layover in Dallas. When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, "I heard Dallas was a big airport, and I need a car to drive between the gates to save time."

A lady needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:20am and got into Chicago at 8:33am. I tried to explain that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois, but she could not understand time zones. I told her the plane went very fast, and she bought that!

No comments: