Saturday, September 30, 2017

Kindness


Isn’t it nice when someone shows kindness to us in some way? It could be a thoughtful word, an offer of help, or even a caring smile as we pass. Kindness adds so much to other people, yet costs nothing to share.

I was helping an elderly lady in a supermarket the other day. She was very appreciative but then I sensed she got a little nervous as to why a stranger would want to help her. Time to back off and leave it at that I thought.

Still, being kind to others rewards both the giver and recipient. Wouldn’t it be nice to live in a world of kindness and trust? There is never a better time to start something good than now.

2 comments:

-mindee said...

I would have to add my two cents about the old lady: kind, unselfish people are very rare nowadays. I love being kind (for the blessing).

RayCee said...

Hello Ms MinX, I'm sorry I didn't answer you sooner. I didn't notice it. You are so right. It's nice to hear from a kind person. Take care.