Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Before We Speak About Someone...


Most of us talk about others from time to time. However, it eventuates that sooner or later we speak of something but then regret what we said, but it's too late. It's out and you cannot take it back. If only we could control that tongue of ours. I read three things we should think about before we do speak of others, and they seem sound. Thinking before we speak isn't always easy, but the more we do, the easier it will become and more successful we will be at achieving it.

First, have we made absolutely sure that what we are about to say of someone else is true? We wouldn't like others to say things of us if it wasn't accurate. Second, is what we are about to say something good? If not, then what is our motive for saying it? Third, is what you want speak of going to be useful to the hearer? If not, then they should not be hearing it.

I generally do alright with how I speak of others but I have found some people are very good at getting me to talk about things I regret. I especially need to apply the above three points with such people.

No comments: