Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The City Boy

A city boy, Andy, moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. The next day, the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, but I have some bad news. The donkey died."

(City boy) "Well, then, just give me my money back." 

(Farmer) "Can't do that. I went and spent it already." 

(City boy) "OK, then. Just unload the donkey." 

(Farmer) "What ya gonna do with him?" 

(City boy) "I'm going to raffle him off." 

(Farmer) "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!" 

(City boy) "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead." 

A month later the farmer met up with the city boy, "What happened with that dead donkey?" 

(City boy) "I raffled him off. I sold 500 hundred tickets at $2 each, I made a profit of $898." 

(Farmer) "Didn't anyone complain?" 

(City boy) "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his $2

No comments: