Friday, August 21, 2026

Out & About At Eateries

Dad: Hey Mike, it was nice to have you share our anniversary with your girlfriend, Becky.
Mum: Yes, it means a lot you can share this with us.
Mike: No problem. 
Becky: My folks never celebrate their wedding anniversary, so it's nice to do it with you both. 
Mike: So, how many years is it?
Dad: Err...Elbow in ribs.
Mum: 25. It only seems like yesterday. 
Dad: That's right, honey.

Trudy: It's two years since we tied the knot.
Sam: Yeah. I don't regret a minute. 
Trudy: Your mum felt I was a bit old for you. Is she over that now?
Sam: I think so. Regardless, we are happy together. 
Trudy: Will you still love me when I'm 64?
Sam: Sure I will. 
Trudy: You keep me young. 
Sam: I can't take the credit for that. Your genetics are the reason.
Trudy: Well, I'm giving some credit to you. 

Amanda: What do you mean, I have to economise?
Roger: It's just the credit card payments are getting a bit high.
Amanda: Don't you think I'm worth it?
Roger: Of course, you're worth it. It's just...we can't afford it.
Amanda: And you bring it up at a romantic dinner.
Roger: Good point. I should have mentioned it sooner. We can't really afford this. 
Amanda: Roger, this is just not good enough!

Mark: So are you shouting me, or am I paying?
Tabitha: How about the person who blinks first pays? 
Mark: You're on. And don't kick me in the shin.
Tabitha: I don't play dirty. 
Mark: You are always tricking me. 
Tabitha: You're so gullible. 
Mark: I'm trusting, that's all.
Tabitha: How about you pay and I'll shout you dinner?
Mark: You're on.
Tabitha: My place at 7pm. Macaroni cheese? 
Mark: You got me again.

No comments: