Saturday, July 25, 2026

Seeing Is Believing?


Rob is talking to Mike, his neighbour. They are sitting and having a beer and the conversation goes a little deeper. 

Rob: I know you have a religious faith Mike, but how can you believe in things you can't see? 
Mike: We all believe in things we can't see, such as the wind. We feel its effects.
Rob: I can't relate the wind to a faith in God.
Mike pauses: Well, suppose you came home and you noticed your front door was wide open. You know you didn't leave it like that. You run into the house and you see items scattered over the floor. Cabinets have been rifled through and some expensive ornaments are missing. The same scenes all over the house. What do you conclude?
Rob: Obviously, I've been burgled.
Mike: But did you see the burglar or burglars?
Rob: No, but it's clear they were there. Their handiwork is right in front of me.....Oh I see where you're going with this.
Mike: God's handiwork is plain to see. It's all around us. This amazing world and our existence can't have just happened without intelligent input.
Rob: Well, something to think about, I guess.  

No comments: