Friday, March 27, 2015

The Retired Doctor

A retired doctor became very bored and decided to open a medical clinic. He put a sign up outside that said: "Get your treatment for $100 and if not cured I will give you $200."

A passerby thought this would be a great opportunity to get $200. So he entered the clinic.

Passerby: "Doctor, I have lost all taste in my mouth". 


Doctor: "Nurse, please bring the medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth."

Passerby:  "Yuck, that is Gasoline!"

Doctor: "Congratulations! You've got your taste back. That will be $100."

   **********************

The passerby was annoyed and goes back after a couple of days figuring to recover his money.

Passerby: "I have lost my memory, I cannot remember anything."

Doctor: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth."

Passerby: "Oh no you don't, that is Gasoline!"

Doctor: "Congratulations! You've got your memory back. That will be $100."


   **********************

The passerby leaves angrily now having paid $200 and comes back after several more days.

Passerby: "Doctor, my eyesight has become weak and I can hardly see!"

Doctor: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that, so here's your $200 back." (
However, it is only $100).

Passerby: "But this is only $100."

Doctor: "Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be $100."

No comments: