1) They give a cardiovascular workout. It strengthens the heart and makes it more efficient. Little and often can do this. As long as the heart gets pumping...
2) Good for coordination, especially if the track is variable and makes your brain work at quicker decision making.
3) Exercise releases chemicals called endorphins. They reduce stress, anxiety and feelings of depression. They improve self-esteem and better sleep.
4) Reduced weight and better body tone.
5) Clean for the environment. Of course you may have to drive to a place where you can have a cycle ride, but at least you are doing what's good for you. If you can avoid the car ride first, all the better.
Summary: You don't need an expensive bike. In fact if the bike is of basic standard, the less distance you need to travel for the same effect. Top quality cycles are good for winning races, but lesser bikes to make you work harder for less distance traveled. You don't need the Tour de France outfit either. Clothing that produces drag is also good for the work out. If on the road, be sure to make yourself as visible as possible.
So, what are you waiting for?
|Something all the family can enjoy together|